The Board of Management has been delegated responsibility by Patron to manage the School. Its primary responsibilities are:
- Determining and implementing policies within the School (in conjunction with the other bodies within the School)
- Managing all Income and Expenditure of the School
- Interviewing and employing teachers and other non-teaching staff
- Fundraising (including Grant applications etc)
- Corresponding with the Department of Education and Science
- Liaising with other groups in the school community (Patron and Parents’ Association)
In accordance with the Educate Together ethos, parents have a strong input into the composition of the Board. The Board is made up as follows
- Two persons nominated by the Patron (which in turn is comprised predominantly of parents).
- Two parents of children in the school directly elected by the parents (one mother and one father).
- The Principal of the School.
- One other Teacher elected by the teachers.
- Two wider community representatives elected by the six appointed members.
The Chairperson is appointed by the Patron and a Treasurer and Secretary are elected by the Board. The Board is re-elected every four years.
Navan Educate Together’s Board of Management :
Chairperson : Anthony Mackey
Principal and Secretary : Eleanor Barker
Treasurer : Jos Deurenberg
Teacher Nominee : Patricia Carolan
Parent Nominee : Máire Ní Mhordha
Parent Nominee : Saleem Amin
Patron Nominee : Susan Dempsey
Community Nominee : Pádraig Fitzsimons